Have lot’s of fun learning the art and craft of woodturning. No experience required for most of our programs. With a relaxed and informal setting, the Mapleseed Gallery Instructional Series is aimed at beginner and intermediate adult woodturners.
• Introduction to Bowl Turning •
• Introduction to Turning Pepper Mills •
• Turning Designer Pens •
• Wood Turning Projects •
One-day, two-day or multi-evening programs are available to introduce you to the exciting world of wood turning. All programs feature a separate lathe for each participant, and a strong emphasis on safety, building comfort & confidence, having fun, and learning/enhancing general woodturning techniques. Various turning skills will be discussed, demonstrated and practiced with each of the hands-on instructional courses culminating in the creation of a unique take-home project.
Individual attention and hands on instruction are essential components of the lessons and class size is limited to 2 participants. Register early as class size is limited. Click on the links below for individual course outlines, schedules, and registrations.
Here’s what some of our students have said:
- “Awesome fun! I though I’d be really nervous, but the small class size and friendly environment made me feel very comfortable“
- “I had a lot of fun creating something functional and expressing the natural beauty of the wood. Your focus on safety gave me the confidence to have fun”
- “I took your course to help me decide whether or not I wanted to invest in a lathe and associated tools. The two days were such fun that I’ve decided to go ahead and do it”
- “The woodturning weekend was one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time”
(You can read more student feedback at www.mapleseedgallery.ca/studenttestimonials.)